To: XYWRITE@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 2:38 PM
Subject: converting upper and lower-case letters to small caps
Is it possible to execute a command at the command line that will convert highlighted text into small capital letters?
Not seeing a reference to small caps in the XyWrite manual, I suspect that
my ability to use small caps at all is a feature added to our company's copy
of XyWrite by a programmer no longer with the company.
Essentially, the minus keypad key (-) is used to turn on and turn off the
small cap feature. The assignment of the small caps to the keys appears in
a *.kbd file. I often need to change text from upper and lower case to all
small caps and currently do so by keying in the entry. Is there a way that I
could do this via a command from the command line with highlighted text
without having to spend more than a couple of hours creating special program
files or extensively altering existing system files?

I am using XyWrite III Plus, Version 3.58B

//Avi
Avram Sacks
Chicago, IL

847-267-7110