RE: Describe to XyWrite: reply to JB

** Reply to note from James D. Besser
10/18/95  09:53am -0400

Hi Jim,

RE your note below on converting files from Describe to XyWrite.
What I do  is simply save the Describe file as ASCII text. No
formatting is carried over,  of course, but none of the deltas
are either.

Cheers,
John Gordon

> XyWriters:
> > I've been fiddling with DeScribe/OS2, and find it similar to XyWrite in
> the fact that it was clearly designed for writers, not typists. But it's
> inept at producing E-mailable ascii files. So I'm converting to XyWrite,
> and using TYF from there.
> > My problem: the DeScribe conversion filter produces a clean XyWrite file,
> but absolutely filled with formatting triangles. Every paragraph's indent
> has 8 or 9. What I'd like to do is issue a single command and get rid
> of the whole sorry lot of them.
>
 > jb

J.L. Gordon
Department of Anthropology
The University of Western Australia
Nedlands, WA, 6907 AUSTRALIA

fax: +61 9 380 1062 tel: +61 9 380 2850 email:
jgordon@xxxxxxxx