Re: XyWin on XP

Harry Binswanger wrote:
BIOS Version/Date  Hewlett-Packard F.40, 10/26/2004

BIOS F.40
KBC Version 31.42
Interestingly, though System info, once Windows is running shows I have 512 MB of RAM, the set-up facility reports:

System Memory: 384 MB
Thank you, Harry. That's the sort of info we need. I will start compiling a table with this stuff and see what we get. The memory discrepancy may have to do with an obscure bit of RAM skulduggery that I thought had been long ago superseded. Or it may be that your VGA RAM is borrowing from your system RAM.

Hmmm, maybe. It's a laptop.
If you have on-board video (as many business, as opposed to gamers', systems do), it almost certainly does. But that means you're using 128 Mb for VGA, and that's a lot for a business system. But no, you said you're using two monitors, so you must have a separate VGA card.
Not in the removable-card sense, but something is behind that extra VGA
port I have on the back of the laptop, the port to which the external
monitor is attached.
Unless one monitor is running off onboard video and the other off an add-in card? Where are the VGA connectors on the back of your system? Are both on expansion slots? Or one on an expansion slot and one on the mobo?

Laptop, no expansion.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx