Re: Getting Xy4Dos Up & Running on T61 with XP-Pro

What are the exact contents of your shortcut (under Properties/Program).

Also, try it with an empty startup.int.

I have the Lenovo X61 with the same OS as you. No problem running it.
Couldn't hurt to check your Path to ensure C:\XY4 is in there--not that it really has to be.
In a few days I begin an extended trip for the first time since I got my Lenovo T61 with XP-ProSP2. I ordinarily use Xy4Dos on a desktop running Windows 98SE, and have to put the Xy onto the laptop now for the first time. (Then I will add U2.) On the desktop I have all the program files in a \Xy4 directory and documents/work in a \xy directory. I created a c:\xy4 directory on the laptop and copied all the contents of my \xy4 directory from the desktop onto the laptop, and then created a desktop shortcut that goes to c:\xy4 and runs the command "editor". I see a dos window open and what I imagine is the XyWrite working screen, but only for a second -- and then it shuts down, and I'm back in Windows where I started. Suggestions on what to check, and what settings I might have wrong and where? -- Peter Goldberger, Ardmore, PA

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx