Re: XyWrite Development

I was hoping that Carter Campbell had it wrong! In lieu of an
OS/2 version I'm sticking with the DOS version--the windows
version has no allure for me (partly because Windows has no
allure and partly because
XyDos plus OS/2 nets me whatever XyWin would and more).  I find
the XyDos pretty stable (I very infrequently get a graphics view
related freeze, which is no big deal under OS/2) but there are a
few bugs that have never been addressed (though they have been
registered); certain combinations of page layout and endnotes
result in missing lines in endnotes and there are certain
problems with chain printing. But in the main I find XyDos
stable and fast. (One useful move under OS/2 is defining two or
more different XyWrite objects, configured differently--one for
writing, one for notetaking, one for system file editing, one for
fax writing, etc. This avoids having to switch printer files a
lot within a Xysession.)

Regards,

  David

David Auerbach