re XyWrite 3+ vs. Xy 4 for DOS

Wolfgang Bechstein : Thanks for your
appraisal of xyDos 3 vs. v4. I gather you see v4 as two steps
forward, one back; brief use of v4 struck me as the reverse and I
quickly reverted to v3. But the word processors I run now under
Windows--even my graphical word processor--are DOS apps, so I
consider xyWin, thus have been reconsidering xyDos 4, and your
checklist is timely.

To me the difference between the v3 and v4 is not a trivial
matter. While I regretfully agree with your realistic assessment
of chances for further xyDos development, I expect to continue
using DOS and xyDos for nongraphical tasks as long as the ascii
standard is with us.  --annie

====================== annie fisher | nyc | okAnnie@xxxxxxxx