list status

As Nathan Sivin, the list owner, posted last week, we have been trying to solve
the problem that the list software governing distributions of notes on this
list is not set up as we would like. Apparently, when you
"reply" to a note distributed by the "lstsrv" it goes only to the sender, not
to the list. We've just had two postings that (I hope) were answered privately.
Might I suggest that, until notified otherwise by
Nathan (he is in England for a month or so and will be trying to log in via
telnet), that you take time to readdress your responses (those of possible
public interest, of course) directly to xywrite@xxxxxxxx. upenn.edu. (Those on
Compuserve should have the address
INTERNET:xywrite@xxxxxxxx) and send all list relevant mail there
(rather than simply "replying." Maybe then we can get some productive exchanges
and multiperson conversations going. There should be lots to talk about.

Regards,

Allan Needell, Dept. of Space History, Nat'l Air & Space Museum
   Smithsonian Institution, MRC 311, Washington, DC 20560 i:
nassh100@xxxxxxxx; b: nassh100@sivm; CServe: 71461,1115
      tel 202/357-2828; fax 202/786-2947