Re: Question reg. dial.pm

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Mon, 1 Nov
1999 01:11:00 -0500 (EST)

-> What is the relation between that U2 and SmartSet.U2, which I
-> already use?

Harry:

The XyWWWeb Jumbo U2 supersedes SmartSet. It includes everything
that was in SmartSet, plus a TON of new stuff of mine, PLUS nearly
all of Robert's publicly released programs -- in short, the entire
XyWWWeb site (almost) in a single U2 file.

The last version of SmartSet was -- gosh, I don't remember when!
The Jumbo U2 has been around for over a year (or is it two?) and,
during that time, has gone through more than 80 iterations (the
current release, v083, is dated 10/31/99). If there's a SmartSet
routine you regularly use, chances are very good it's been further
debugged and updated since you last installed it. So, I encourage you to upgrade!

Re DIAL.PM: Since (if I recall correctly) you run Xy4, there's no
reason not to use the current version (in Jumbo U2). Lots of new
functionality, notably, the ability to dial a number simply by
pointing at it -- a great convenience.

Carl Distefano
CLDistefano@xxxxxxxx
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/