Re: re XyWrite for Windows

okAnnie:

Quite so. I find a lot of good things in XW. It doesn't make
sense to expect it not to depend on Windows for precisely the things that
Windows was invented to do. But the font in the non-graphics
views is the one thing that makes it distinctly unpleasant to
use. I tried to get used to it, but I find myself preparing the
files in XYDOS just to avoid the crowded screen, which is almost
impossible to skim or browse on. Input in graphics has its
charms, but not when I am trying for efficiency using a
the trouble to handle draft screen fonts the way every other word
processor known to me does. KF, the time has come to admit that
in that respect the status quo is a failure.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia PA 19104-3325