Xywrite Revealed

    From Morris Krok
            mailto:essence@xxxxxxxxessence@xxxxxxxx

    To republish XyWrite Revealed or any out of print book, I do not need a large publisher - it can be done on a photocopy machine, or a Riso printer which makes masters from the original page by scanning it in. From the master one can print any quantity to 10 000 copies. So on my Riso I can do 20 or 30 at a time.

      As I have two copies of it in my possession I can separate the pages of one and scan it in so that a digital version on a CD can become available. The first copy of the book I purchased in Santa Cruz California and the second I saw it on sale, of all places, in Durban, South Africa. This is where I live in a subtropical climate on the Indian Ocean.

        Unlike most present computer manuals, especially Windows based, they are so dry, predictable and boring, XyWrite Revealed reveals XyWrite 3 in the most revealing and fascinating way, that I prefer it to the best fiction and mystery story; and in the process of unfathoming its intricacies, I have no need to play computer games. The more it is studied, the more one gets ideas for writing programs that will streamline our wordprocessing needs. For those who write a lot of original material and love the English language, the ability to use these programs puts a magical touch to your thoughts and writing.

    Despite its content it can be read as a masterpiece of English literature. It is certainly one of my favourite books in my library. As Herbert Tyson writes, "the ability to write clear programs, mirrors the way you think." It may even do more for you - the logic and intelligence that one learns through studying it may spill over into other aspects of one's life. It may enable one to erase superstition and misconceptions no matter from what source - ancient or modern or just from our own minds. A volume of course will needed to give justice to this one topic. It certainly defuses the mysteries of Xywrite and in a sense, computing generally.

    It is a wonderful stepping stone to all versions of XyWrite and NB. By the way NB have produced a programming manual, based on XPL ,on a separate disk.

                            With regards,

                            Morris Krok

    PS For those who realize that thoughts are our finest treasures, all we need is a pen, a typewriter or just a computer to weave words of wonder.