Re: XyBasic (re Robert's skepticism)

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Tue, 22 Nov 2005
04:43:39 -0500

Harry:

> I'll take your word for it.

Don't! Try the routine. Each one of those snippets is standalone, and proves
itself (generates a result).

>> Also, "CLEARSGTS" will fail; it's CLEARSGT.)

> ? That's not what I see in Xywwweb.inf. It says "ClearSgts" there.
> And here's a paste from XYWWWEB.U2:
> {{5DeclareSgts,DeclSgts,ClearSgts}}

What version of U2 is that? Must be an old one. Nonetheless, CLEARSGTS *will*
work anyway, because the framename is "CLEARSGT*" with a terminal asterisk --
so it will take an appended "S" (or an appended anything), although the
intention of that "*" is quite different.

Best,

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx