Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 3:24 PM
Subject: RE: converting upper and lower-case letters to small caps

Thanks, Francisco.

I do almost zero programming in XyWrite. Even setting up a tiny little
program to invoke a saveget set by hitting and  key combination is
about as much as I have ever done. However, I can follow "cook book"
instructions very well. So, if you have the time, can you spell out for me
a little more clearly what I need to do? What is "save gate 10"? Is that
anything like a "saveget"? If so, I thought savegets could only be invoked
with a single key, and not multiple keys like "10".

BTW, I also tried Marge's suggestion to store the text to another file, turn
on the small caps toggle switch, and then run that file. That didn't work,
either. The text was merely put back into place without changing the
letters to small caps. For what it is worth, the way I get small caps now is
through a specially assigned keyboard set as part of a larger keyboard file
that was developed in-house. That keyboard file, has within it, a
definition to invoke the small caps keyboard set when the keypad "minus" key
is hit. The keyboard file (cch.kbd) defines that minus key as a toggle
switch for the small caps keyboard set.

All the best,
//Avi