Re: Deleting Files

Brian wrote:
After looking through the manuals, I find that there's no way to "blind" delete all the files in a directory (i.e. DEL *.* or DEL *).
I'm not sure what the problem is--is it that shelling out to DOS and doing
a del *.* gives you a (y/n) prompt? Or is it that you don't know how to
shell out to DOS under program control? If the latter, the XPL pseudo-code is:

dos /c del *.*
while in DOS, you'll have to hit "y" to do the actual deletion. Then it will automatically come back to Xy.
If you can't deal with hitting the "y" there are work-arounds, but they are
not elegant.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx