RE: VBox hard disk controller (Harry's installation problem)

Version 2 sounds like it will do the trick for me. Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kari Eveli
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 3:00 AM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: VBox hard disk controller (Harry's installation problem)

Harry,

This should not be so. I suggest one of the following remedies:

1) Power off the virtual machine, go to Settings, Storage. Check
Controller: you should have an IDE controller (if not you can add
one by clicking the + icon at the bottom of the storage tree).
Click on the hard disk image (.VDI) on the storage tree, it should
show IDE Primary Master in the attributes. If, for some reason,
these settings show that you have an SCSI controller, delete that
and add an IDE controller. You do not need SCSI drivers to
install. Try different IDE types, if you still have problems
installing. I have "PIIX3". That should work.

2) Download http://www.imgburn.com/. Install it and start it. Put
the SCSI driver in a folder, choose "Create image file from
files/folder", click on the third icon from top "Browse for
folder..." and select the folder, give a name to the iso file,
click on the "Build" icon at the bottom of the dialog. ImgBurn
says "You have selected 1 folder, would you like just to add the
contents ...", answer "Yes". Now you have an ISO file with the
driver. Drag it onto the CD icon when installing and asked for
driver. Or go to the menu Devices, CD, Choose virtual CD...
Then point the Windows installer to the right CD drive letter.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx