Footnotes in Xy4

Here's a question about footnotes in Xy4 (primarily DOS, but also
Windows):
Is there any way to change the point size and font of the
superscript numerals in the main text? The default is positively
minuscule; I'd like to increase the size and have control over
the typeface, too. The problem, understand, is not in the
footnotes themselves; there the numbers assume the SZ and UF
values assigned in the FM command, just as expected. But those
microscopic superscript numbers get lost in a sea of text. I
RTFM but saw nothing apropos. P.S. I'm using Speedo fonts, an HP
LaserJet IIP, and loading HPLJ-2P.PRN for a printer file.
Suggestions?

Carl Distefano
70154.3452@xxxxxxxx