Re: Request for Customization Guide scans

** Reply to message from Manuel Castelao  on
Tue, 10 Jun 2008 22:40:44 +0200

> > ** Reply to message from Manuel Castelao  on
> > Mon, 09 Jun 2008 23:51:53 +0200
> >

> >> Michael,
> >> Your work, rotated and in sequence. Thank you very much.
> >
> > Hah! I did the same thing. Great minds think alike.
>
> Robert,
> Thank you very much for your gentle words. Anyhow, there is a minor
> difference: my PDF is 1.4; yours is 1.6.
> Best wishes,
> Manuel Castelao

I think you're looking at a cached copy of Michael's original!
Check again. Mine is 1,514,820 bytes. Yours is 1,578,480
bytes. They're both PDF version 1.4 (Acrobat 5.x), if that's
what you mean (instead of file size). Anyway, Appendix E is now
available. I looked everywhere on the
web for a character list of the Bitstream Speedo set, and
couldn't find anything. Frustrating. I'm working on a utility
that converts Xy4 texts to/from any CodePage, as well as Unicode
and NotaBene for Windows, via the Windows Clipboard. An
enhanced Clip.exe, I guess you might say. I've mapped the
entire character set as expressed in Appendix E -- no existing
Speedo font can actually print the entire set (not even close)
-- but NB can be tweaked to print the entire thing. I just need
to work on the NB side of things some more, to figure out how
the NB export filters work. It's an interesting exercise in
internationalization. Once you have Unicode, you're basically
able to convert your text into any format.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx