Re: XyWrite and dictionaries

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:35:42 -0800

> I am now working with XyWrite for Windows, despite its many bugs, but am
> extremely disappointd that I have to go back to Signature every time I
> want to spellcheck in French!

> Does anybody know why the Technology Group can't adapt the French
> dictionary to XW for Windows, amd is there any woprkaround?

Yes! There's not only a "workaround", there's a plain and simple way to use the
Signature (IBM PCLEX) dictionaries with XyWin. And to use Microlytics' French
dictionary with it too, for that matter. Scan your disk for filename PCLEXAM.DLL.
Many European users have it. If not, maybe somebody can Email it to you. It's an
"oversight" (I'm speaking charitably here) on TTG's part that it wasn't included
with the default factory distribution (outrageous and negligent are more
appropriate words for it). It works also in SmartWords, believe it or not. I've
been assembling a detailed document to indicate how to install and use it, but --
priorities, priorities. Soon.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx