Re: HP LaserJet 4000

Dear John,

Could you send me any information on this? I just bought a LaserJet 4000, with which I'm delighted.
I'm using XyWrite 4.17 for DOS, though, which limits the fonts I've been able to use. I'm
particularly interested in being able to use Bookman (a Postscript font), but others would also be
of use.

Here's another question, in case you or anyone else out there has an answer. I'm living in Europe
now, and need to print on A4 paper. My impression is that the Postscript printer file that shipped
with XyWrite resets the paper size to 8.5 x 11 at the end of each page. The only way I could figure
out for using A4 paper was it add this command to my Postscript printer file:

PZ<) s restore save /x 18 def /y 3460 def statusdict begin a4 end save /P 2
def l (

(I don't understand these Postscript codes: I just lifted the code from an older XyWrite printer
file PI command to set the paper size to A4.)

I've just started trying this, and it seems to be working, except that when I printed a seven-page
file, for some reason it only printed the first six pages. If I then tell XyWrite to print page 7,
it works, but the need to do this wasn't exactly reassuring. Anyone have a better solution?

Alan