Re: NotaBene 7.0

What you say is true, Bill, only if NB 8.0i was installed over a
pre-existing, working copy of an earlier version. It is precisely the
file import/export (general) feature that I need(ed). NB 8.0i does not
have it; it just doesn't destroy it if you already had it in your
earlier version. As for my personal situation, it is now solved. Anne
Putnam, the creator of NB, most kindly sent me a very early version of
8.0 that still had the feature. Installing that, as I have now done,
and then upgrading to 8.0i (or 8.0j which I am told will be out next
week), fixes any bugs that were caught in the interim upgrades without,
as I say, undoing the "save as XyW4" that was formerly included in the
general import/export menus. So, word to the wise to anyone who
depends, as I do, on this feature -- take good care of your older NB
installation disks, since in the current and any future versions of NB,
there will not be a "save as XyW" option.
 -- Peter Goldberger, Ardmore, PA

XYWRITE: Xywrite Word Processor for Dos & Windows wrote:
			  XYWRITE Digest 3426

Topics covered in this issue include:

 1) Re: Nota Bene 7.0
	by "William H. TeBrake"