-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Distefano - Monday, February 17, 2003 5:44 PM

Reply to note from Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxx Mon, 17 Feb 2003 13:09:56 -
0800

> the CTRL keys, if depressed and released without being used in
> combination with another key, puts the control-key character
> (if a space can be called a character) where the cursor sits
> (and then everything I input with the keyboard reacts as though
> the CONTROL key were depressed

Try assigning func NO (No Operation) to the Control key in TABLE= and
TABLE=CAPS. That is, in both tables:

29=NO
..
99=NO

If NO doesn't work, try NI,NO.

If the problem persists, try renaming CTRL to a non-standard name, such as
XCTRL. You'll have to change every instance of CTRL to your chosen name
(which must be all uppercase), starting with the KEYS= listing near the top
of the file and proceeding through each TABLE= definition. Renaming all of
the shifting keys (SHIFT, ALT, CTRL) to non-standard names can solve a
variety of problems; recommended.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx