Re: Grrr [OS2 and XY install]

On Mon, 7 Aug 1995, David wrote:

> Since I started this thread I thought I chime in again. I've had
> OS/2+XyDos running on 8 different machines with no problem--desktop
> and laptops. I like the combo a lot; I can like at the web, get email, edit,
> fax, print, blah blah blah and nothing crashes. Like a rock. Of course 8
> machines is hardly a crosssection but I am puzzled at James Besser's
> problems.

You're not the only one who's puzzled, though I don't suppose this is the
place to discuss my OS/2 woes. There's apparently something about my
hardware OS/2 doesn't like. Unfortunately, it's very ordinary
hardware--no CD, no unusual drivers, plain VGA, etc. IBM has been no help.
The Herb is stumped. OS/2 is sitting in a box now. And I understand this is
not unusual; this is one finicky operating system.