Re: The new Jumbo U2 is up!

Reply to note from "Paul Breeze"
(Redacted sender "paul.breeze" for DMARC) Sun, 01 May 2016 14:53:43
+0100

Paul,

I'll try to address your issues.

> a. Copying and pasting to the windows clipboard does not seem to
> work anymore. (I am using NOJM2,.,v,d,u,a,l,Q2 assigned to a key)

Oops, I removed VCLIP, VPASTE, VDUAL as unnecessary given that Robert's
CLIP.EXE should work now. I suggest changing your Copy and Paste keys
as follows:

Copy:
nn=DZBXs,a,d,/,n,v, ,L,P,T,4,Q2

Paste:
nn=NOJM2,.,c,l,i,p,w,p,Q2

> b. When I use 2.XyWebU2.int it [...] does not sync my screen
> length with CONFIG.TXT.

Again, my bad. I should have noted that you need to add a setting to
XYWWWEB.REG that tells U2 the path location of vDos.exe (or vDos-
lfn.exe):

vDosDir=d:\path

> c. [...] I still cannot get OED to work. Now, when I try I get
> the message:
>
> Windows cannot find D:\OED\OEDXP.EXE\OEDXP.EXE

In XYWWWEB.REG, check your OED setting. If it reads

OED=D:\OED\OEDXP.EXE

change it to

OED=D:\OED

i.e., omit the filename, just supply the directory path.

(Full disclosure: I'm running OED v2 under 64-bit Windows 7, and I
experience the compatibility issues you allude to. So I use an
alternate method to access the OED from XyWrite.)

Let me know if this helps. If (when) we get things working, I'll
document the fixes in the ReadMe.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx