RE: Logon

  When I upgraded to XyDos 4.017, which I run under both OS/2
and occasionally Win95/98/NT, I deleted the login line from
startup.int -- and then commented out "Location of log files" in
settings.dfl (put a semicolon in front of ;DF NL=C:\DOS\XY4\).
  End of logon notices. Runs fine on two desktops and two laptops,
one of which is LANned to a server at Business Week. On both of
the desktops (an OS/2 box with dual-boot to NT, plus a dedicated
Win95 system), I usually start XyDos 4.018 under DesqView, but
sometimes crank it up in a separate Dos window.
  Just now, when I went snooping, I found log.log and otis.log
in the Xy4 subdir. So I deleted them (after copying to A:, just in
case). Clicked on my Xy4 shortcut, and all was normal.
  Maybe commenting out the "Location of log files" line is the
secret for those having difficulties?
  -otis
Business Week