Re: XyWrite and the Learning Curve

On Wed, 29 Mar 1995, Marvin Katz wrote:

> Yeah, somebody tell me how WordImperfect's commands and
shortcuts are so > much more logical and intuitive than XyW's.
Let's see: F6 for bold and > a font change for italic, vs.
 B and  I, just for one > comparison...

Hey, Marv, I just gave up WP/Win for the SECOND time because of
its illogic, not to mention its incredibly hard to read fonts. I
feel like a perenially backsliding sinner....

When push comes to shove, the real problem with these other word
processors is that they require so many extra steps to do
anything. I still fear XyWrite is a dead end--but even as a dead
end, it's better than the alternatives.

Is this the future of computing--ever-more-complex programs that
don't work as well? SOmetimes I think I was better off with my
Xt and XyWrite 3.5.

jb