Re: Books on writing?

I'm with Patricia on this. I've read Stunk and White; it's fun. And,
when I edit friends' pieces I do what I call strunking. But that's
inspired by, rather than an application of, Strunk and White's dicta.
Mainly what *I* mean by strunking is prunining excess verbiage and
eliminating overly-complex sentence structures. Diehard
StunkandWhiters conflate overly-complex sentence structures with
complex sentence structures.
As I dimly remember there's a better book of the ilk by a guy at
Yale, but I'm forgetting the name.