converting Xywrite text files en masse to Word?

Dear Xyrite mavens: I know how I currently convert, one file at a time,
Xywrite to Word for use by editors and myself later at other computers: I
type in a macro command (I think it's called) that strips out the specialized
symbols in Xywrite (the macro command has the instruction lp e-mail.prn, and
it was prepared for me by an expert, presumably loads in a macro filed called
"e-mail.prn"). And then I send from my Xywrite directory that file to
mydocuments folder the file, renamed with .doc suffix. Presto: I have a Word
document. But how do I do that for hundreds of important files I have on
Xywrite? I'm using Xywrite III+, the DOS version. But in the new computers
you buy today, there's no allowance for an MS-DOS program, so how can I
convert hundreds of selected text files to Word and strip out the Xywrite
symbols that make Xywrite files virtually unreadable in Word? I don't have
much in the way of computer skills myself, so I want to know if there's a
prexisting program out there that does that , or is there a file on a Xywrite
website that you can download, or what any of you would suggest? Thanks, Art.