Re: Version confusion.

"David B. Kronenfeld" wrote:

> It is useful--dare I say it--to those of us who don't already know the
> answers to hear everyone's pet praises, peeves, reasons, and
> uses--regarding the ware, that is, as opposed to the people.

> I don't mind anyone stating their observations or preferences forcefully. What
> might usefully be avoided is dinging people for such expressions,

Agreed. While acknowledging the concerned, flame-alarm comments several folks have
raised here, I feel it necessary to raise some counterpoint.

1. I don't think we're anywhere at all close to the Newsgroups example. Don't
know what Newsgroups you have visited, but I've seen several where jihad and
scorched earth prevail, rendering them largely useless. By those standards, this
list is still quite tame and civil . . . and certainly useful.

2. Opinions and a point of view are often a good thing, in my estimation. Else,
everything is totally bland and dull, so that no one will be offended.

3. We can only offer the benefits of our own observations and experience. Your
Mileage May Vary.

Jordan