A MODEST PROPOSAL

A MODEST PROPOSAL:

I realize that some people like to regurgitate messages as they answer them,
and that others like being able to review them. I am sure I am not the only
subscriber to this list who dislikes having to wade through a page or so of
regurgitated message to get to the reply.

I respectfully suggest that, to accomodate both tastes, when answering a
message and deciding to regurgitate it, you put your answer first and the
regurgitation second. That way those of us who want to ignore the latter can
do so.

N. Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania