CLIP Woes [Plus double cursor]

At 12/29/2004 01:35 AM -0500, Robert Holmgren wrote:
Problem may be here: Command:
 REGEDIT EXE_or_VBS
What does this REG spec say? Should be "E", in your case, i.e. the stanza
should read:

[EXE-VBS]
;"E" or "V"
EXE_or_VBS=E
;
Yup, dead on...and again your question exposed a larger error. I was using
an old .REG file and it did not have the above. Copied the new one over it,
changed the various drive specs and variables, made sure the above was
correct. And the routine worked. But...B...U...T
The dreaded double cursor returned. And only with this routine. Here's
exactly what happens: I select a few words of text, then [CMD] WC, and the
last line of pixels in my block cursor starts to blink, or, more precisely,
throb. It's like a blinking underscore was pasted on to the bottom of the
block cursor. Then when I [CMD] WP, the blinking underscore moves from the
bottom of the block cursor to the point of insertion of the text. And...it
stays in that position throughout the XY session in every file.
1. I REMed TAME from AUTOEXEC.NT, rebooted, started XY, invoked CLIP, and
still had the double cursor. TAME is NOT the cause.

2. Not sure what to debug next.

Michael Norman

Michael Norman