Re: available memory

Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
I found a boot floppy from the days of NovelL DOS (and that, recall,
was what TTG ran Xy on--not Microsludge or even IBM, but Novell; it's
still around, but I cannot think under what name). Files was 255,
buffers 20, and DOS was loaded high and UMB. FWIW.
Thanks for the info. 255 seems high, unless you had special needs, since that was the max, I think. Your boot floppy find got me to look again for mine, but it's still not there -- however, I did look in the Xy install disks this time (several 4.x versions) and XYWRITE.INF checks to see that Files is set to at least 28; nothing about buffers. (8 was the MSDOS minimum. 30 is the standard Dosemu Files setting, and my old Win98 book says 30 too.)

Paul