Re: A Real puzzler

The "smiley," for most of its existence, has explicitly been nothing but
a text-based element. They've been around since the 80s. Just like
Xywrite. :)

Robert Holmgren wrote:
** Reply to message from "M.W. Poirier"
 on Sat, 14 Jul 2007 18:56:16 -0400
(EDT)

Looking back at your message, I do see ";-)" at the end of both
of your sentences. Is ;-) supposed to represent a "smiley
face"? That subtlety eludes me. Anyway, this (like XyWrite
itself) is a text-based maillist. You gotta SAY smiley face --
convey smiles with artful words. Otherwise you risk being
misinterpreted. I suspect -- correct me if wrong -- you're
composing messages with the facilities of HTML, but you have
your email client set to send (to this group anyway) text only?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx