Intuition

from Morris Krok

 What to program and how to improve a program not always depends upon our
knowledge of all the commands and functions of a programming language. Often
out of the blue when occupied with something else, an inspired idea flashes
on the consciousness. However, once we find that it does solve the problem
or result in a useful program, it is now part of our everyday consciousness
and no longer in the realm of the subconscious.

 So the intuition undoubtedly plays a big role in all creative endeavours.
But here is an example how the command line in XyWrite helped me solve
Solitaire - a puzzle with 33 marbles and after one is taken off, moves must
be made by moving one over another into a vacant space. The one you jump
over is removed from the board and the idea of the game is to so jump that
only one marble remains. I was stuggling to do this, when the idea of
working to one line which should be disturbed as little as possible until
the latter part of the moves, came all of sudden to my mind. This line I
referred to as my Command Line. Soon after doing this I had no problem
solving the puzzle.

 All I can infer from this that the XPL programming language and the need to
use a Command Line as an imprint or stroke of genius.

 Watch that gleam of light that flashes across the mind from within...which
should not be dimissed. (Emerson)