RE: zap eof?

annie fisher writes:

>Anyone know, does xyWrite itself (any version) offer a way to eradicate its
>invisible end-of-file symbol (presumably ascii 26)? I use a third-party
>utility with an XPL procedure. Does xyW have an inherent better way? --annie

 More interpolated NB arcana: NB allows one to put in the
default settings file a 1A= setting (where some character
*other* than Ctrl-Z follows the = sign); this instructs the
editor to skip over any Ctrl-Z, and to replace each Ctrl-Z with
the alternate character.

You might try this on the Xy command line:

   default 1A=@xxxxxxxx(or whatever character strikes your fancy)

(Note that df 1A=@ probably won't work for this setting.)

This is a pretty extraordinary usage, and you might not want this
to be a permanent setting, just for special circumstances.

Dorothy Day, Indiana University SLIS
Bitnet: DAY@IUBACS
Internet: day@xxxxxxxx