Running xywrite and wordperfect 5.1 for dos in windows 7

Dear fellow xywriters,

I am interested in buying a new computer from the Dell outlet store.  My overriding concern is that I continue to be able to run xywrite4  and wordperfect 5.1 for dos, and word for word.  I almost always write in Xywrite and if I print I print in wordperfect 5.1 since I feel it still has the best kerning program around.  I do my conversions in word for word.

Until now I have been using windows xp and have experienced  no problems that bother me.  I can no longer get xp on any computer from Dell, not even in their outlet store.  I thought that I had read that you can no longer run dos programs such as Xywrite or wordperfect in the current windows.   Another problem that I anticipate will be whether I can geat a parallel port card since I am still happily running  Laserjet 5 printers which run best from a parallel port.  In addition I am not aware of a work around in wordperfect for a USB port.

What are the problems and limitations of running these dos programs in windows 7.  it is extremely rare that I want to access Windows files when I am in Xywrite.  Therefore I am not concerned with whether it is easy or hard to access windows programs and files when I am in Xywrite.