Re: spl file

Rene wrote:
At 09:49 PM 1/2/01 EST, TBaehr@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>If you want to expand all abbreviations at once, after entering all of them,
>I think you can use the batch spelling checker. I'm a little hazy at this
>point about how it works.

I am really scratching my head as to why anybody would want to do that.

If you could explain what the perceived advantage with this is, I would be
delighted.
It seemed like a good idea at the time. The time being when I read Morris
Krok's post:

> A personal.spl file that is created for shorthand purposes does not prevent
> normal editing or changing the command line if needs be. This under-utilized
> utility can sit unobstrusive in memory especially if the AR function is not
> saved on extensively used keys such as the space bar (57) or the enter key
> (28)
I haven't used autoreplace for maybe 10 years, and I seem to recall it was a little disconcerting to try to type rapidly while watching abbreviations explode into full words on the screen.

But, basically, I plead temporary insanity.
And thanks to Carl and others for the reminder that it is func AZ not AR. I once knew that.

Regards,
Harry