Re: Puzzling lack of F8

Patricia--

Thanks for addressing my graphic-view problem.

My settings.dfl reads thus:

; Location of outline screen fonts
DF OL=C:\xy4\BTFONTS\
; Location of SCRFONTS.BIN
DF XY=C:\xy4\BTFONTS\

1. The above and your example, below, make it look as though BTFONTS is a folder. What I have is a file called BTFONTS.EXE.

2. I don't have anything called SCRFONTS.BIN

<>

Sound as if one of two things is off: 1) your SETTINGS.DFL is not correctly pointing to the location of your screenfonts. Mine reads like this:

; Location of outline screen fonts
DF OL=D:\XYW4DOS\BTFONTS\
; Location of SCRFONTS.BIN
DF XY=D:\XYW4DOS\BTFONTS\

See where your BTFONTS directory is and make sure it's accurately referenced in SETTINGS.dfl.

2) You don't have a printer driver loaded. But I think not, because IIRC the error message then is something like "No printer file loaded."

Patricia M. Godfrey