Hiding deltas

I have a little outlining routine I use often. It's very simple, works
fine, but causes two or three formatting deltas to appear with each new
indent and/or section. Visually, it would be nice not to have to stare at
so many deltas while I'm outlining -- I'm sure my organizational thoughts
would be much more profound and I could finally achieve the success as a
writer and a human being that I have long been striving for. Is there some
way to prevent these deltas from displaying temporarily?

(Or maybe there's a cleaner outlining program available, though I checked
R. Holmgren's site and the archives and didn't see one right off. I use
XyW 3.53.)

John Paul Newport