Re: Dosbox 0.7

I haven't tested dosbox 0.70 extensively, but none of the XY function
keys I've tried has resulted in a crash yet (I've tried F5 in XY3 and
XY4; both work with no problem).

With version 0.70 (and possibly earlier versions) there is a key mapper
allowing you to change the keyboard if you want. It also accepts
foreign keyboard layouts and you can set a codepage. I have set up a UK
keyboard and codepage 850 using the DOS codepage file EGA.CPI and it
seems to work fine. I am sure there will be some glitches somewhere,
but this version appears much smoother and more stable than any earlier
versions I've tested.
Paul

flash wrote:

Y'all,

I experimented with several versions of DOSBox (though not this one)
before giving up on it. I was running Xy3+ in w2k and found that the KBD
file tended to crash DOSBox, particularly the function calls (F5=BC, and
so on). Perhaps this has been sorted in newer versions.