Re: Backup software

Was O&O DiskImage one of the ones you tried ?

From: Edward Mendelson
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2017 5:16 AM
Subject: Re: Backup software

About LapLink and other “migration” software that claims to transfer settings, files, applications, etc. from one Windows system to another:

I’ve never seen anything that works correctly. Every time I’ve tried some new version of one of these things, it created a partly unusable and unfixable system, and I’ve had to wipe the disk and start over - either with a hardware-independent-restore via ShadowProtect Desktop or a completely fresh system in which I had to reinstall all my applications. But my systems are complicated, so other people may have better experiences.