From: Kari Eveli
To: XyList
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 10:40 PM
Subject: Win7 and XP

>I would love to have good old XP running on my much faster Win7 computer but your procedure seems...so to speak..complicated.

There are other options. If you have any virtualization software and an available XP license to activate, you can have a copy of XP running in VirtualBox, Parallels or VMware. If you have a copy of W2K lying around, you could use it (no activation).

While dual booting Win7 and XP is quite feasible, Win7 and XP mode is the preferred solution. Adding an SSD as a boot drive speeds up the system, but can be a hassle. I am in the process of doing just that, and, boy, it is complicated.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli