Xy3 memory

I've started to used XyWrite 3.57 again, experimenting with the XPL
programs available. Views.pm and Link.pm are very nice, but I'm
having a problem that appears to be related to Xy's use of memory.

Here's a sequence that causes a problem:

Call a 100K file.
Jump to the beginning.
Run Views.pm and choose 2 views.
Open view #2.
Search for a piece of text 2/3 of the way through.
Now jump to view #1. You should be at the beginning of the file,
   but you won't be. You can jump to View #2 correctly, but not
   to #1 (when it it near the beginning of the file).
Jump to the beginning of the file.
Search for something a few lines down.
Now you can jump from a View #2 (with a cursor location at, say,
70K to a View #1 (with the cursor at or near the beginning.)

It seems to have something to do with searching over a distance of
approximately 64K or more and then trying to use Views.pm.
Shorter searches don't affect Views.pm, and running a shorter
search seems to correct the problem temporarily.  Is there a
search buffer that overwrites part of the SG buffer(s)???

Any suggestions?

Myron