Re: Using XyWrite file in Word and saving as text document

Carl,
New results: 1. used your routine with the Pause in the .BAT file and did not get a pause. 2. What's really interesting is that upon failure I looked at the .BAT file in Xy, and it's got the right filenames AND the pause!!! But the pause didn't execute, apparently, so it looks like it's trying to run something different from the BAT file it created.
I made a file called TEST4 with just a line of text (with 4s in it so I'd
know it was unique). I REMmed out Tame from my AUTOEXEC.NT, got a Tame-free
Xy running and still no conversion but this is the W4WTEMP.BAT, which
apparently didn't get run:
@echo off
echo %0 is running
pause
c:\XY\FILTERS\W4W17F.EXE C:\XY\TEST4 /n /v2
c:\XY\FILTERS\W4W19T.EXE C:\XY\XY42RTF.RTF /n /v0

Using Mill's Methods,
--SA/RTF produces the right BAT file.
--running that BAT file produces the right RTF, after a Pause prompt
--running SA/RTF does go to DOS (I was wrong about that) but produces neither a Pause prompt nor an RTF file
Conclusion: SA/RTF in DOS is not executing that BAT file.
I'm going to fiddle with the frame on my own to see what it's trying to execute while in DOS. Stay tuned.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx