Email Attachment Problem

** Reply to message from Si Wright  on Thu, 23 Mar
2006 22:15:11 -0800 (PST)

My guess is that this is almost certainly not a XyWrite issue but has
something to do with your recipient's mail system.

I've had two instances of the same thing over the years (an attachment
appears as undecoded text in the body of an email, instead of as an
attachment). One was never resolved; the other was, with no little
effort, tracked down to a particular spam filter process running on the
recipient's Exchange server. All attachments were affected, not just
those of a particular type. (Can you send say a PDF attachment from your
Eudora mail client to this recipient?)

Since you were successfully sending these attachments earlier, I'd begin
by asking what in the end-to-end email environment has changed recently.
Have you got a new ISP? Has the recipient installed a new mail system, or
an upgrade? Are you using a new version of Eudora?

One fix that we discovered was that sometimes the sending mail client can
overcome the problem at the recipient's end. So you might try installing
Mozilla's Thunderbird mail client (an excellent program, by the way) to
see if it gets the attachment through OK.

Tom Hawley
New York
tjh@xxxxxxxx