Re: Non-mushy keyboards

I too am a fan of the old Northgate keyboard. When my old one finally wore
out, I bought a replacement from an outfit called Skywalker Communications,
1000 South Service West Road, O'Fallon, Missouri 63366, telephone 272-8025
(that is probably 314-272-8025, but I can't be certain, my 314 area code
has been split up, recently). The address is within half an hour's driving
distance from St. Louis, where I am. The keyboard is just like my good old
Northgate, with function keys both across the top and up the left side, but
that it has a couple of Windows keys added.

It is, as far as I can make out, a newly manufactured keyboard. I think
they offer several variations of the Northgate Omni Key Ultra. You can
switch the CapsLock and left Alt keys, if memory serves; I have had my
CapsLock up next to the A key for so long that I no longer recall just
which key it can be exchanged with. I think it was the left Alt, but it
might have been the left Ctrl.

I use the Keyboard on a fairly powerful Gateway, by the way, running
Windows 98.

Having hastily typed this reply without first reading the rest of my email,
it occurs to me that you may have had a gazillion other replies. Oh, well.
... .

--RHKubie