Re: File conversion question: XY-4

Renee -
I suspect your dlg file has become corrupted, your filter files have been
moved / deleted or the default in XY4 that points to them is wrong, or that
TTG has been screwing around with the code. I've never had trouble with SaveAs
and a filter. VN\737 is merely the front end of a message "Converting to ",
and the missing SX value is the name of the target format. Type va/nv ww on
the command line and press Enter. The result should be the subdirectory of
your filter files. That location should have w4w19t.exe, the conversion filter
file for going to RTF.

Hint to you and others: textin.flt and textout.flt contain a chart giving the
filter filenames for each of the formats supported. DON'T edit these files;
they're used in the menu/dlg system for passing arguments to the conversions.

Good luck.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx