Re: Icons in taskbar OT

Harry Binswanger wrote:
The Xy one I created by dragging editor.exe to the QL bar

 From where? Dragging a desktop icon, or what?
Let me see if I can remember--or re-do it in Vista. Find the exe file (most quickly by right clicking its desktop shortcut and going to Target), drag it to the quick launch area (having first enlarged that, because my Drives Toolbar takes up most of the Taskbar), and up pops a menu asking, inter alia, if I want to create a shortcut here. I say yes.
Let's clarify terminology: the Quick Launch area is the end of
the Taskbar next to the Start button. The whole thing is the
Taskbar. And any additional bars you add (by right-clicking on an
empty area--if you can find one--and choosing Toolbars-->New
Toolbar) are Toolbars. As far as have been able to discover, if
you then try to point such a toolbar to something, it will only
accept a directory, not a specific file. So one first creates a
directory, drags shortcuts to anything you want in the toolbar
(in my case, the icons for the various drives, from My Computer),
and then points to that folder.
Harry, what did you mean by the Default icon? And what are the
icons standing for? Programs or drives/folders? Or what?

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx