re: File conversions: h*lp

Eric,
  I must be misunderstanding. You're using XyDOS, and the files in the
filters subdir have dll extensions? If that is indeed the situation,
something is badly amiss, I fear. So far as I know, XyDOS can't use DLL
files (them's for XyWin); the XyDOS filters must be .exe programs.

  Do you see a file called WFW.EXE? (I'm not sure whether this is
standard Xy issue, or whether it came from the Adobe/WFW cd-rom.) If you
have it, just run it in a DOS window. You'll get a screen with files to
be converted on the left, and F3/F4 options for the original and the
target formats. I use WFW all the time, instead of the import/export
routes, to convert html files, and frequently for Word and WordPerfect.
Works like a charm.
  -otis