Re: Laptop visibility problem on DELL Inspiron

** Reply to message from "Jay McNally"  on Tue, 21 Dec
2004 07:57:33 -0500

Jay:

> I'm up and running on my laptop, doing just fine (except I still can't get
> the speller to work).

Is there any part of your experience, e.g. what you discovered to be the
problem, or how you discovered it, or whether the debugging procedure worked
for you, etc., that would be useful to anybody else? I mean, after going to
the trouble to think about your sorry plight & tell you how to make XyWrite
work on XP, it's sometimes interesting to learn WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED --
although I'm delighted that you're "doing fine". I'm doing fine too. And a
Merry Christmas to you!

Speller: (for the five thousandth time,) make sure Editor's directory is in
the DOS PATH:
Control Panel ==> System ==> Advanced ==> Environment Variables ==> System
variables ==> highlight "Path" ==> Edit ==> add at the end of the spec
";d:\XY4;" (or whatever the d:\path is)

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx