Re: OT: Bootable disk images [RAID]

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:58:23 -0500, Robert Holmgren wrote:

The two drives need to be the same size, don't they?  Or not necessarily...?  Aren't we

The Raid card makers recommend identical drives but they don't have to be identical.  It should work fine so long as the second drive is larger than the first.  I don't think this would be a problem for a simple upgrading or migration.  I have a PCI card that supports four IDE drives.  The drives are probably slightly faster than they would be connected directly to the motherboard, and the card I have supports stripe read with mirrored drives, so you get a speed gain there too.

<

How does System Backup work?  Do you reinstall W2k and then use backup to reinstate the previous system, or is it more complex?

Pau l