From: Carl Distefano
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2014 11:29 PM
Subject: Re: vDosxy3 -- changing default font?

Reply to note from "John Paines" mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxx
(Redacted sender "mailto:vf200@xxxxxxxx" for DMARC) Sun, 21 Dec 2014
03:01:19 +0000 (UTC)

John,

> For testing, I've used
>
> USE C: ./
>
> which makes the vDos folder the c directory. Fonts are in
> c:\windows\fonts; I've tried varieties of that path in the
> autoexec.txt PATH statement, to no effect so far. How exactly
> should it read?

Two things:

1) Change your USE statement to

USE C: C:\

That will make the directory structure of the C: drive the same in
both Windows and vDosXy.

2) Change your Path statement to something like this:

path %path%;C:\vDosXy;C:\XY;%SystemRoot%\System32;%SystemRoot%\Font

"C:\vDosXy" refers to the directory on your system that contains
vDos.exe. Edit the above Path statement accordingly.

"C:\XY" refers to your XyWrite program directory, the one that
contains Editor.exe. Edit the Path statement accordingly.

Add any other directories whose programs you want to access from
XyWrite. Remember to use the same paths you would use in Windows.

Hope this helps.

--
Carl Distefano
mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx